Changes to how you can make a complaint:

Posted by: owen - Posted on:

The way patients can complain has changed slightly, and this means that the Nottinghamshire ICB will now be providing an alternative independent complaints service.  You can still complain directly to the practice, or alternatively you can contact the ICB Patient Experience Team instead.  Please see further details below:

Practice Complaints Procedure

Patient feedback is important to us as it helps us to improve the service we provide to patients. We take patient complaints seriously and will attempt to address your concerns to your satisfaction.

 How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to complain please contact the Practice Manager either in person, by phone or in writing:

 Tel:  0115 9525320

 Address:  319 Westdale Lane, Mapperley, Nottingham NG3 6EW

 If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so.

What Happens Next?

The complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days.  The practice will respond, after investigation, within the timeframe specified to you at the acknowledgement stage of the process.  Some complaints may take longer to address but you will be informed of a response time.  If this cannot be met, the practice will keep you informed.

Please be assured making a complaint will not adversely affect your ongoing healthcare at the practice.  We will deal with you fairly, compassionately and will endeavour to resolve the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Wherever possible, we aim to learn from complaints and take action to avoid similar occurrences. 

How do I complain to someone Independent?

 Alternatively, you may pass your complaint directly to:

Patient Experience Team

Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Board

Civic Centre

Arnot Hill Park

Nottingham Road




 Tel: 0115 8839570

Email: [email protected]

 If you would like further information please follow the link to the ICB website: 

However, please note, patients cannot raise the same complaint with the practice and ICB.

Is there a time limit?

A complaint must be made within 12 months of the date of the incident that caused the problem or the date of discovering the problem.

 Please remember, the quicker you complain, the easier it will be to investigate the facts.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome?

You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) on 0345 015 4033. 

 For more information see their website

Other useful contacts

POhWER, NHS Complaints Advocacy, on 0300 456 2370.  For more information see their website