Over the last few months, there has been a considerable increase in the demand for appointments. The surgery will be using reception triage which is a system used to assess urgency of cases and to place patients on the appropriate care pathways ensuring the patient is directed to the most appropriate resource.
When you telephone to book an appointment to see the GP, the receptionist may ask you a few simple and non-intrusive questions.
“To help make you the correct appointment are you able to tell me a brief outline of the problem”
This is because reception has a number of alterative types of appointments available to offer you. These will include:
- Same day appointments
- Urgent appointments
- An appointment with the Nurse or Healthcare Assistant
- A telephone consultation with the GP
- A telephone consultation with the Nurse
- Leaving a message for the relevant person to deal with your problem or query
- Signposting you to another appropriate service such as Pharmacy First. (please ask reception or collect a leaflet from the surgery for further info)
Practice Nurse Appointments:
15 minute appointments are available, as detailed below:
- Mon - Wed : 07.30 - 12:00 and 14.30-18.00 (may vary with staff annual leave)
- Thurs-Fri : 08.00-12.00 and 14.30-17.00 (may vary with staff annual leave)
You can speak to the Practice Nurse on the telephone. Please leave your name and contact number and Cathy or Caroline will phone you at the end surgery.
Healthcare Assistant Appointments:
Appointments for BP & Well Person Checks are available: Mon - Thurs 8.00-11.30am with Elaine.