Clinics & Services
Practice Nurse/ Healthcare Assistant
The practice nurse has a wide range of medical experience. They are seen by appointment, and perform the following:-
- Regular checks for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma & COPD.
- New Patient, Well Person, and Elderly person checks.
- Immunisations (travel, influenza, tetanus, childhood) & injections.
- Dressings and removal of sutures.
- Ear syringing.
- Cervical smears.
- Advice on dieting and how to stop smoking.
A Baby Clinic is held by a doctor and practice nurse for baby's immunisations and also post natal checks for Mum - reception will contact you when an appointment is booked. Please call us, if you wish to, regarding this.
There are ‘no appointment’ Child Health Clinics (especially for baby ‘weighs’) with the Health Visitor at:
- Park House Centre
61 Burton Road
Other Special Services
- Minor Operations.
- Contraception - including Implant fitting. Also coil insertion and removal.
- Private Medicals.