Clinics & Services
Practice Nurse/ Healthcare Assistant
The practice nurse has a wide range of medical experience. They are seen by appointment, and perform the following:-
- Regular checks for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma & COPD.
- New Patient, Well Person, and Elderly person checks.
- Immunisations (travel, influenza, tetanus, childhood) & injections.
- Dressings and removal of sutures.
- Ear syringing.
- Cervical smears.
- Advice on dieting and how to stop smoking.
A Baby Clinic is held by a doctor and practice nurse for baby's immunisations and also post natal checks for Mum - reception will contact you when an appointment is booked. Please call us, if you wish to, regarding this.
There are ‘no appointment’ Child Health Clinics (especially for baby ‘weighs’) with the Health Visitor at:
- Park House Centre
61 Burton Road
We have social prescribers who deal with patients of various age groups, including a social prescriber from Base 51 who deals with young adults. Social prescribers offer a variety of services to help our patients.
Social Prescribing is when GPs, nurses, other primary care professionals and local agencies refer patients to a Link Worker (or similar role) who enables them to access appropriate support in the community, in order to improve their health and wellbeing.
How does Social Prescribing work?
Recognising that people’s health is determined primarily by a range of social, economic and environmental factors, Social Prescribing seeks to address people’s needs in a holistic way. It also aims to support individuals to take greater control of their own health and wellbeing.
Link Workers delivering Social Prescribing take this holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing by connecting people to local community groups, non-clinical and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
Social Prescribing works for a wide range of people, including people:
- with one or more long-term conditions
- who need support with their mental health
- who are lonely or isolated
- who have complex social needs which affect their wellbeing
Please discuss this with our team if you feel you may benefit from this service.
Other Special Services
- Minor Operations.
- Contraception - including Implant fitting. Also coil insertion and removal.
- Private Medicals.